SERVES: 5 | METHOD: Fried | FOOD: Appetizer | Sides
- 1 (16 oz) package bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (your favorite brand)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 5/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 egg yolks
- oil for frying (peanut oil recommended)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat fryer to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir well with a whisk.
- In another bowl, combine egg yolks, corn, milk, and hot sauce; stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Combine flour mixture, egg mixture, and bacon; stir well.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites with a whisk until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- Spoon batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil.
- Fry 4 to 5 fritters at a time for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, turning once.
- Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
This Corn and Bacon Fritters is best cooked using Masterbuilt Grills.