SERVES: 2-4 | PREP TIME: 15 min | COOK TIME: 15 min
- 1 pound (.5 kg) fresh prawns or shrimp
- 1 large tomato
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 fresh chili pepper (seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 knob of butter
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon dill
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate shrimp in olive oil, soy sauce, salt, and pepper for up to one hour in the refrigerator.
- Grill on medium-high heat until shrimp is cooked through and opaque, shrimp curl as they cook so if the head and tail are or are nearly touching odds are they’re cooked, the shells will also change to a vibrant pink color. Shrimp must reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) unless you know it is fresh in which case it is safe to eat at lower temperatures.
- On the side burner, saute garlic and thyme in olive oil, add diced tomatoes, chili sauce, butter, and a little bit of water for a smoother consistency.
- Cook-out sauce while stirring until butter fully incorporates and tomatoes have begun to break down.
- To finish, add fresh dill to the sauce, season to taste, and serve over grilled shrimp.
This recipe is best cooked with Broil King Grills.