SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 10 min | COOK TIME: 5 min
Living is easy with this effortless vegetarian side dish! Skewered cremini mushrooms, bell peppers, and occasionally spicy shishitos are grilled quickly on high heat to develop colour without fear of overcooking and finished with a delicious soy maple glaze.
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms, stems cut off
- ½ pound shishito peppers
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- cooking oil with a high smoke point like rice bran, canola, or grapeseed
- kosher salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- chopped green onions or cilantro, as garnish
- Prep skewers. Thread cremini caps, shishito peppers, and bell pepper pieces in alternating order onto Broil King’s Dual Prong Skewers, about six pieces of vegetables per skewer. Transfer prepped skewers onto a cutting board and drizzle with oil. Season with a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Preheat grill on high heat (about 500°F).
- As the grill is preheating, whisk together ingredients from soy sauce to grated ginger for the glaze in a small bowl.
- Once the grill is hot, cook vegetable skewers for about 2 minutes per side, until nicely charred and just cooked through. Brush soy maple glaze onto vegetables using Broil King’s Basting Brush.
- Transfer cooked skewers onto a large platter and garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro. Finish with a few spoonfuls of glaze, allow to cool slightly, and serve.
This recipe is best cooked with Broil King Grills.