SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 15 min | COOK TIME: 20 min
- 3 pounds mussels
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 3 diced shallots
- Olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 lime for zest
- 250 ml sour cream
- Dill or fennel
- Saute garlic, rosemary, and shallots in olive oil until brown. Add cleaned raw mussels.
- Add tomatoes and sour cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook down tomatoes until all mussels are open. Do not eat mussels that don’t open.
- Finish with lime zest and chopped dill.
To clean mussels, using a clean dry rag, scrub off barnacles and remove beards before rinsing in cold water. Tap any mussels that are open, lightly. If they close they are safe to eat. Discard any mussels that don’t close before cooking.
This recipe is best cooked with Broil King Grills.